Answers to questions posed by the ADVISOR Users are now available online and will be updated regularly. Whether searching for a technical answer to a current problem, tips on how to perform a specific function or tricks to minimize effort needed to carry out a task, check out BNH’s responses below. If you cannot find what you are looking for, then email your question to email@example.com:
Where can I find the Resource Management Tab?
• The Resource Management module includes all the Reports under the Report tab – i.e., to provide user with the ability to forecast budget, personnel and resource requirements across multiple training programs for any given time period, uncover training duplication and more.
• Some of Resource Management functionality is also embedded under other tabs – for example, Set-up Attributes and Define Search Criteria under the Advanced Function under the Setup tab.
Is there a way to identify common training of learning objectives across multiple courses?
• The Uncover Training Programs Duplication report under the reports tab identifies learning objectives (KLPs) across multiple courses linked to the same KSAs.
• If the KSAs are uploaded separately in ADVISOR, you can identify and merge similar KSAs under the Team Knowledge/Skills folder using the Edit All function. To facilitate this process, the Edit All function allows you to sort on KSA titles.
How can I calculate costs for multiple courses over a ten year period?
Training costs of multiple course over a 10 year period can be calculated using Forecast Training Budget & Resources report under the Reports tab. You can select which courses to include in this report.
Forecast Training Budget Report is not generating, why?
In order for the report to generate, ensure
1. You are generating the report for the time period a course is running
2. Direct Costs have been assigned to the course
3. Trainees have been assigned to the course
4. Ensure the time allocated to the course learning objectives is greater than 0.
When I generate Forecast Training Budget Reports across 20 years is the value for every year actually present value or escalated based on inflation/discount rate and presented in future value?
The costs in Forecasting Training Budgets report include inflation. In other words, they are presented in future (versus current) value.
When I perform a group (module) analysis for a course that will run for 20 years, with variation of throughput during the years, I get a device usage statistics. How can I analyze device usage statistics per year?
There are several reports you may find useful under the Reports Tab. With each of these reports you can select specific dates to generate data i.e. cost or utilization rates per annum if desired as opposed to over the lifespan of the project.
Utilization rates can be found under:
• Personnel / Resource Allocation: Once personnel and resources and defined and assigned to courses you can see the utilization rate of personnel and resources. (In order for this report to work, templates must be tagged to a course). To find out how many personnel, equipment and facilities are needed, what type of personnel, equipment and resources are needed, as well as where they are being utilized. Personnel with various expertise needed to develop, administer, manage, deliver and support training programs can be defined along with hardware, software, facilities and support material under the Resources folder under each Client and assigned to various groups across multiple courses. This report generates a concise summary of number of hours needed by each personnel and resource for any given time period, where it is being utilized as well as the utilization rate based on availability (i.e., annual productive days and working hours per day, for example).
Additional cost data can be found under:
• Forecast Training Budgets: To estimate the budget required to design, develop, deliver, manage, maintain and support any training program. Reports may be generated for a course, manager, client, organization or any user defined criteria. Shows courses, number of trainees, for the time period the costs for the courses (startup and recurring).
• Forecast Training Budget and Resources: To estimate the budget and resources required to develop, deliver, administer, manage, maintain and support one or multiple courses over any time period. Reports can be generated for a specific Client, User (i.e., individual managing the course), Courses or defined criteria.
Is there a way to create ad-hoc reports?
• To create ad-hoc reports you can use Crystal Reports Developer Edition, for example to modify the Performance Objectives Report in line with needs.
• Moreover, BNH Team can develop custom reports within 2-3 days.