Overview: BNH develops training strategies by identifying who needs to be trained on what and why; what is the most effective and economical venue for the delivery of training; and where budget and resources should be allocated. By building a business case for each training program, management will be better positioned to make informed decisions; monitor the impact of training; and quickly adapt as operational requirements change. Moreover, BNH stores all data in the web based decision support tool ADVISOR Enterprise (read more) that can be accessed and updated by clients 24/7 – to assess the impact on budget, personnel and resources as missions, goals, jobs, policies, equipment and so forth change; and keep training effective, efficient and relevant.
In addition to identifying and prioritizing training requirements, BNH leverages ADVISOR Enterprise capabilities to improve training efficiency. More specifically, minimize duplication, improve performance and maximize resource utilization by identifying knowledge, skills and competencies common among team members, aligning training with operational requirements, and forecasting/comparing the cost, personnel and resource requirements of viable delivery options.
- Duties and Tasks performed by each job/position are identified and decomposed into Sub Tasks and Steps. Moreover, systems and tools required in the performance of each Task are also indicated.
- Next, Tasks’ difficulty, importance and frequency are assessed to uncover training priority and generate Performance Objectives. (Read more.)
- Competencies (i.e., Knowledge/Skills) needed to perform each Task are then identified, mapped to existing training programs and compared to competencies currently possessed by each job/role/employee to uncover gaps and generate training requirements.
- Viable delivery options are then revealed by mapping training requirements to the capabilities of available media. (Read more.)
- The most economical training options are than identified by forecasting and comparing the costs of viable media over life cycle.
- Training Strategy that meets the requirements of each job/role/employee is generated and optimized by leveraging existing courses and resources; minimizing duplication; and focusing on high priorities.
“You gain critical knowledge for making informed decisions. As a result, costly errors can be avoided, and resources maximized by focusing on training initiatives that develop skills needed to attain business goals”.
Nancy Williams, Senior Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton.
“With ADVISOR, I can make changes on the spot and graphs demonstrate right away their impact. That enabled me to cut down my initial analysis from 30 days to one day.”
Cathi Billings, Instructional System Specialist, Sheppard AFB.
“ADVISOR simplified data validation. Tasks, including reference codes for each position, could easily be exported to Excel and sent to SMEs for review. A step that could have taken up to two-and-a-half weeks to perform is now generated with an hour.”
John Marley, SMC/RNT (STAO), USfalcon.