Overview. Job Analysis is the formal process of identifying major job requirements – i.e., activities and attributes needed to perform the work. In addition to generating job descriptions/specifications to aid in hiring the right individuals, BNH documents job requirements – i.e., identifies all tasks performed by individuals as well as desired performance. Moreover, BNH stores all data in a centralized database that can be accessed and updated by clients 24/7 – to assess the impact on budget, personnel and resources as missions, goals, jobs, policies, systems and so forth change; and keep training effective, efficient and relevant.
In addition to identifying and prioritizing training requirements, BNH leverages ADVISOR Enterprise capabilities to improve training efficiency. More specifically, minimize duplication, improve performance and maximize resource utilization by identifying knowledge, skills and competencies common among various jobs, aligning training with operational requirements, and forecasting/comparing the cost, personnel and resource requirements of viable delivery options.
- Tasks performed by each position (i.e., operators, engineers, technicians, inspectors, sales and support staff, for example) are identified and decomposed into Sub Tasks and Steps to generate Job Task List – i.e., physical and mental activities.
- Working conditions, standards as well as Knowledge, Skills and Competencies needed to perform each Task are than defined to generate Job Task Analysis Report (JTAR) – i.e., qualifications needed to perform job.
- Systems/Equipment (i.e., navigation, control, communication, surveillance, etc.) required to perform each Task are then documented.
- Next, Tasks’ difficulty, importance and frequency are assessed to uncover training priority and generate Master Training Task List (MTTL). (Read more.)
- Tasks that require training are converted to Performance and Enabling Objectives.
- Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes needed to perform each Task are identified and compared to entry levels to uncover gaps and generate training requirements.
- Next, viable delivery options are revealed by mapping training requirements to the capabilities of available media and generating Objective/Media Analysis (OMA) report. (Read more.)
- The most economical training options are then identified by forecasting and comparing the costs of viable media over life cycle.
- Training Plan efficiency is further improved by recognizing overlapping responsibilities among various jobs, and in-turn common Knowledge, Skills and Competencies; considering budget/resources constraints; and various combinations of delivery options that maximize utilization rates.
BNH Added Value
Proven Track Record. Since 1987, BNH has assisted hundreds of organizations in conducting Job Task Analysis in Canada, United States of America, United Kingdom, Australia, Netherlands and Singapore.
Maximize Training Impact. BNH leverages ADVISOR Enterprise to identify the training requirements of each job/position, prioritize training needs, identify most effective blend of delivery options, focus resources on most critical initiatives and support recommendations through audit trail.
Drive Training Efficiency. BNH leverages ADVISOR Enterprise to identify common knowledge/skills, reveal training creep, identify most cost effective solutions, improve resource allocation and reduce travel costs and time away from job.
Keep Training Relevant. BNH leverages ADVISOR to quickly and accurately update the analysis as jobs, policies and equipment evolve; and in-turn ensure that training will remain effective, efficient and relevant.
Military Training Expertise. BNH has in depth knowledge and experience with various military standards including CFITES, MIL-HDBK 29612-2A and DSAT. (Read more.)
Controlled Goods Certified. BNH is certified under the “Controlled Goods Registration Program (#020638) (equivalent to International Traffic in Arms Regulations – ITAR) and is entitled to examine, possess or transfer controlled goods in accordance with Defense Production Act and the Controlled Goods Regulation (http://ssi-iss.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/dmc-cgd/index-eng.html).
Industrial and Technology (ITB) Benefits. BNH can maximize ITB benefits for Canadian based projects by ensuring all its activities are carried out in Canada by Canadian resources.
“You gain critical knowledge for making informed decisions. As a result, costly errors can be avoided, and resources maximized by focusing on training initiatives that develop skills needed to attain business goals”.
Nancy Williams, Senior Associate, Booz Allen Hamilton.
“With ADVISOR, I can make changes on the spot and graphs demonstrate right away their impact. That enabled me to cut down my initial analysis from 30 days to one day.”
Cathi Billings, Instructional System Specialist, Sheppard AFB.
“ADVISOR simplified data validation. Tasks, including reference codes for each position, could easily be exported to Excel and sent to SMEs for review. A step that could have taken up to two-and-a-half weeks to perform is now generated within an hour.”
John Marley, SMC/RNT (STAO), USfalcon.