Overview BNH identifies tasks and work-hours required to perform a job or function (Manpower Analysis); the ratings, occupational specialties and skill levels required to perform the job or function (Personnel Analysis); and training tasks or functions required for personnel to obtain skill levels necessary to operate and maintain the system, subsystem, or equipment (Training Analysis). Moreover, BNH stores all data in a centralized database that can be accessed and updated by clients 24/7 – to assess the impact on budget, personnel and resources as missions, goals, jobs, policies, systems and so forth change; and keep training effective, efficient and relevant.
In addition to identifying and prioritizing training requirements, BNH leverages ADVISOR Enterprise capabilities to improve training efficiency. More specifically, minimize duplication, improve performance and maximize resource utilization by identifying knowledge, skills and competencies common among various jobs, aligning training with operational requirements, and forecasting/comparing the cost, personnel and resource requirements of viable delivery options.
- Tasks performed by each position (i.e., operators, technicians and support staff) are identified and decomposed into Sub Tasks and Steps to generate Job Task List – i.e., physical and mental activities.
- Working conditions, standards as well as Knowledge, Skills and Competencies needed to perform each Task are then defined to generate Job Task Analysis Report (JTAR) – i.e., qualifications needed to perform job.
- Systems/Equipment (i.e., navigation, control, communication, surveillance, etc.) required to perform each Task are then documented.
- Next, Tasks’ difficulty, importance and frequency are assessed to uncover training priority and generate Master Training Task List (MTTL). (Read more.)
- Tasks that require training are converted to Performance and Enabling Objectives.
- Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes needed to perform each Task are identified and compared to entry levels to uncover gaps and generate training requirements.
- Next, viable delivery options are revealed by mapping training requirements to the capabilities of available media and generating Objective/Media Analysis (OMA) report. (Read more.)
- The most economical training options are then identified by forecasting and comparing the costs of viable media over life cycle.
- Training Plan efficiency is further improved by determining the most efficient and cost effective mix of employees and contractors required to operate, maintain, and support a new system; ensuring that assigned personnel have the appropriate human aptitudes needed to properly perform job tasks; and proposing training plans that enhance user capabilities, maintain skill proficiencies, and maximize new learning technologies while reducing training costs.
BNH Added Value
Proven Track Record. Since 1987, BNH has assisted hundreds of organizations in conducting Manpower, Personnel & Training (MPT), for the US Air Force, US Army, US Marine Corps and US Navy.
Maximize Training Impact. BNH leverages ADVISOR Enterprise to identify the training requirements of each job/position, prioritize training needs, identify most effective blend of delivery options, focus resources on most critical initiatives and support recommendations through audit trail.
Drive Training Efficiency. BNH leverages ADVISOR Enterprise to identify common knowledge/skills, reveal training creep, identify most cost effective solutions, improve resource allocation and reduce travel costs and time away from job.
Keep Training Relevant. BNH leverages ADVISOR to quickly and accurately update the analysis as jobs, policies and equipment evolve; and in-turn ensure that training will remain effective, efficient and relevant.
Military Training Expertise. BNH has in depth knowledge and experience with various military standards including MIL-HDBK 29612-2A. (Read more.)
Controlled Goods Certified. BNH is certified under the “Controlled Goods Registration Program (#020638) (equivalent to International Traffic in Arms Regulations – ITAR) and is entitled to examine, possess or transfer controlled goods in accordance with Defense Production Act and the Controlled Goods Regulation (http://ssi-iss.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/dmc-cgd/index-eng.html).
“ADVISOR simplified data validation. Tasks, including reference codes for each position, could easily be exported to Excel and sent to SMEs for review. A step that could have taken up to two-and-a-half weeks to perform is now generated within an hour.”
John Marley, SMC/RNT (STAO), USfalcon.
“With ADVISOR, I can make changes on the spot and graphs demonstrate right away their impact. That enabled me to cut down my initial analysis from 30 days to one day.”
Cathi Billings, Instructional System Specialist, Sheppard AFB.
“Changes to Lesson Design Reports (LDR) that could have taken days to complete, can now be generated within 20 minutes.”
Jack Wierengo, Database Administrator, Boeing.